Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Handmade Hobby Horses
As I have mentioned before, I made the "The Two Dolls" hobby-horses for Christmas...So at last I can share some photos of them with you. Of course I could have done this on the 26th, but I have been lost in a sea of Lego since Christmas day!
The red one is Realtín's and the blue one is Bláthín's.....
I am really pleased with the end result...the girls are so-so about them...they were quite happy to use their older sister and brother's, so why should they change now! I am sure that in time they will be pleased to have their own.
The main fabric is from Ikea, I used shortened broom handles for the stick, and some recycled twill tape from a Moda precut pack for the reins. Their manes are jersey scraps and their nose-bands are ribbon scraps. Their ears are interfaced scraps of quilting cotton...so really a project of scraps and recycled bits.
They were quite easy to make, the hardest part was hiding them from the girls!