A while back I made myself a Colette Violet blouse. I debated for quite a while, about whether or not the style would suit me, looking over and over at the photos online. I have nothing like this in my wardrobe, nor have I ever. I took the plunge and as with all the other Colette pattern I own, I was not disappointed.
I used some fabric that I have had in my stash for a while. I bought it from Dots'n'Stripes last summer. I could never find the right project for it, but this seem like a good one. It is about shirting weight.
I had some facetted red plastic bottons from my local haberdashery shop, which I bought on a whim, but could never find the right place for them.
The top of it fits a bit differently to other things I own. Where the top two buttons are, kind of sits on your chest, instead of fitting closely. This took a bit of getting used to.
I will make another soon. I have have lots of comments about this one and it is so easy to wear. I can even put it on over my head, only opening the top button!
PS...sorry for being away for so long. I will try, before long, to fill you all in about our adventure to Cornwall, and some of the other things I have made recently. I have also been painting my kitchen on and off for some time now...hopefully it will be done soon.