Monday, September 26, 2011

Another Quilt for a Baby Boy

Some friends of ours had a baby boy on Tuesday last. I debated about whether to make him clothes or a quilt, but eventually the idea of a quilt sat right with me.

Quilt for Baby M

I cut 35 6" squares from some of the reds and blues in my stash. Pieced them together...and quilted straight lines, 1/4" either side of the ditch. I bound it in red, I finished it whilst watching a great movie called Incendies....you should try watching a very intense movie, in French, with subtitles, whilst hand sewing on binding...maybe not the best plan.....it was a great film though!

9 comments:

justmejay said...

And it's a great quilt! Love the fabrics you've used - can't believe you made a quilt so quickly!

Ellu said...

Wow! I love the colour combination! And I bet the baby's parents are pleased with it!

Cindy said...

Fantastic quilt! I like the combo of fabrics you chose.

Millie said...

Thanks Justine...some are faster than others...I have one quilt in progress for almost a year now!

Thank you Ellu...They were very pleased. Both parents are from families of "makers", so they do appreciate hand-made things.

Thanks Cindy...I am pleased with the colours and fabrics too, and it didn't take too long to choose either...always a bonus!

motherof5 said...

Fab Millie,
Gosh you are clever!

Millie said...

Thank you Nicole....you're very kind!

Kath said...

Ooh I love it, it would take me at least a year to make this, never mind making it whilst watching an intense film with subtitles. I hope the lemon meringue is good. I am really pleased that you found me.

Millie said...

Thanks Kath, The Lemon Meringue was gorgeous! I say "was" because it is all but gone! I will be making aonther one or two for the birthday on Sunday. Thanks again for the recipe.

Kath said...

Oh brill, I am really pleased!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails