Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Violet Blouse

A while back I made myself a Colette Violet blouse. I debated for quite a while, about whether or not the style would suit me, looking over and over at the photos online. I have nothing like this in my wardrobe, nor have I ever. I took the plunge and as with all the other Colette pattern I own, I was not disappointed.

Polkadot Violet Blouse

I used some fabric that I have had in my stash for a while. I bought it from Dots'n'Stripes last summer. I could never find the right project for it, but this seem like a good one. It is about shirting weight.
I had some facetted red plastic bottons from my local haberdashery shop, which I bought on a whim, but could never find the right place for them.

Colette Violet

The top of it fits a bit differently to other things I own. Where the top two buttons are, kind of sits on your chest, instead of fitting closely. This took a bit of getting used to.
I will make another soon. I have have lots of comments about this one and it is so easy to wear. I can even put it on over my head, only opening the top button!

Colette Violet

PS...sorry for being away for so long. I will try, before long, to fill you all in about our adventure to Cornwall, and some of the other things I have made recently. I have also been painting my kitchen on and off for some time now...hopefully it will be done soon.

15 comments:

Ciara Brehony said...

Ooh, I LOVE this! It is so completely timeless. Just lovely. I love anything like this. You're brilliant! I don't know how you do it!

Stevie said...

This looks lovely! Although I'm currently making some in some clipped cotton in a minty colour and its really boxy. I'm not sure that style will be too flattering on me. But hopefully I can take it in to look like yours! Great fabric choice too!

Angela said...

It's gorgeous, I love the colour, and a bonus that it goes on so quickly!

motherof5 said...

Yay Millie,I have been checking in every day...
Love this blouse!
Thanks for Jeds b'day wishes,he loved the ram.

Carolyn said...

Such a beautiful shirt! And I love the fabric you chose for it!

Medr1e said...

Lovely style -- it looks great on you! I'm glad you're back to your blog!

Ellu said...

Just perfect! The fit, the fabric, the buttons - Congratulations!

Ana said...

Hi Millie. That really suits you. Glad to see you're back to blogging.

Millie said...

Aww...Thanks Ciara! You're very kind.

Thank you Stevie...your fabric choice sounds lovely. I will watch out for yours.

Thanks Angela..I usually get everyone else ready first, and then throw my own clothes on!

Thank you Nicole...I just needed a breather! I'm glad Jed liked the ram.

Thanks Carolyn..isn't it funny how fabric can sit there for a long time and suddenly it is just right for a project. I imaginged it would be used for the children. I'm glad I got it!

Thanks Medrie, I'm very happy with the blouse...Like I said to Nicole, I just needed a little breather from blogging!

Ellu....Thank you very much!

Thank you Ana...It is nice to be sharing my projects again.

Kitschy Coo said...

That came out really lovely, the colour really suits you! I've been tempted by the pattern but wasn't sure about the shape for me either... did you have to make any alterations for the bust?

Jen said...

This looks amazing and so do you - have you lost weight or something? This top is super-flattering on you, for certain. I, too, am growing more and more fond of the Colette patterns. Not sure if this blouse is my style, though. How is the fit in the bust? Does it accommodate a larger bust as well as the other patterns seem to? Right now I'm making a Parfait dress and I'm considering the purchase of the Beignet pattern.

Millie said...

Amanda...thank you. Now, about the shape....I made no alterations. I made a straight size 10. It fits well...no pulling. It does however fall from the bust, there are no darts under the bust. Also the back is a bit baggy.

Thanks Jen...as my Grandad would say about the weight..."Maybe I've lost some weight between my ears!" The bust fits well, like other Colette patterns. It really is very easier to wear. It has just the right amount of ease. I have made a Beignet, I love it but have yet to wear it out. I may need to make more neutral one soon. I can't wait to see your Parfait.

Andrea said...

Very nice! And so swish with your jeans! I love it:)

Bri said...

Super cute top, job well done!

Millie said...

Thanks Andrea! I need to make another soon!

Thank you Bri!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails